Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Division of Labor

Listening to: Estranged by Guns N Roses
Mood: Content

As I mentioned previously, my husband and I have a 4 year old daughter. She will be going into Kindergarten next year. In White Plains, we have a crazy, cool thing called the parent’s choice plan. There are 5 elementary schools in White Plains and you get to pick which one you want to send your child to. Well, 93% get their first choice anyhow. The district has set up tours of all of the schools so that you can make an informed choice. All of the schools follow the mandated state curriculum, so it’s more about the atmosphere of the school than anything else. Unfortunately, kids aren’t allowed on these tours as they occur during school hours and they would be too big of a distraction. My 4 year old currently goes to preschool, so I don’t have to worry about her during this time, but my 6 week old is another story. So far, hubby has been babysitting out youngest daughter while I go on these tours. It’s absolutely fantastic to have a partner who’s willing to help out with these things – I don’t know how I’d get them done otherwise. My hat is truly off to single parents who have to deal with all these difficult things on their own.

Becky

No comments: